Responsive web design offers an amazing web experience. If you are looking to develop and design something for traditional desktops, probably you are making the biggest mistake of your life. Yes, this way, you are just catering to 75% of the audience, leaving the other 25%. Gone are those days when you used to browse websites on your PCs; today is the era of Responsive web design. With technology making its presence in almost each household, your website would be visible on anything that has a screen i.e. smart watches, desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones. If you ignore these experiences, the effectiveness of your website would be reduced, thereby limiting your online exposure. Obviously, the investment of effort and time required to develop a responsive website is more as compared to its desktop-only counterpart, but the potential and audience gained are immense, as these websites can be accessed anytime and anywhere. However, many developers make certain mistakes while embarking on a responsive web design project. In such cases, it is good to let a company specialized in website design services, handle the task. Read on to know in detail about the few common mistakes and also the ways to avoid them.
Mistake No. 1 Not analyzing visitors behavior!
Probably in an excitement and rush to build a good mobile presence, retailers often tend to miss out on visitor behavior. For responsive web design, this analysis is extremely critical since it reveals many statistics such as highly performed operations, frequently used devices, conversion rates, issues raised by buyers and much more. You need to consider all this to perfectly meet the needs of your beloved visitors.
Mistake No. 2 Concentrating on desktop version first!
When it comes to good at ecommerce website development, the majority of merchants focus on getting their desktop version design first and then move to smaller versions for mobile screens and other devices. A good ecommerce developers tend to overlook the technical challenges that might be faced when the site is scaled down from desktop versions to mobile ones; it is good to start with the small screen and then scale upwards for traditional desktop versions.
Mistake No. 3 No Proper testing done!
Before you live your website, it is important to test it thoroughly. Often, website developers release these sites with minimal or no testing at all. Some retailers don’t have sufficient resources and in a hurry to make the site live, they avoid testing it thoroughly.
Mistake No. 4 Wrong call-to-action buttons!
Developers make all attempts to adjust everything on small screens and as a result of this, the call-to-action buttons which they design, are too small. Owing to this, users end up clicking the wrong buttons and boil with frustration, thanks to the tiny size.
Mistake No. 5 Too Little Content
Often, website developers hide content to make the website page appear smaller. Now when the content is not visible, the SEO performance is hindered to a great extent, since the search engines find content missing from alternate versions. This reduces the value of the website, leading in low SERP. To increase your seo performance, we usually advise you to hire company that is reputable in seo services or someone who is good in seo services. As practising white hat seo is very important , if not search engine will usually ban the or ignore site that uses black hat seo. If you do not have any in mind we will like to recommend you 5ive Media, they are an ethical digital marketing agency in singapore.